This is a set of 54 clear acetate templates, for marking Embroidery stitches.
The primary design of this set is for marking seams and motifs on Crazy Quilt blocks.
Five transparent, flexible template sheets are included in the package. These should be cut apart using utility scissors (or score them with a rotary cutter and snap apart). (See extra photos)
Each of the individual templates has tiny holes for the needle-up and needle-down positions of the specific embroidery seam design or motif design. There is also a larger hole at the end of each to accomodate a keyring, etc. for organization (see photo of set hanging on my Owl Keyring).
How to Use:
1) Cut the sheets of templates apart along the dashed lines. The result will be a set of seam templates, each marked at one end with the specific embroidery Stitch Design (see detail photo).
2) Place a template along the fabric seam of your crazy quilt block...or other project. Align the template to center the design on the seam...or offset the design as you wish.
3) Using a #2 pencil (or other marking pencile of your choice); place the tip into the small hole(s) on the template and "twist". This leaves a tiny pencil dot on your fabric. Repeat for all of the tiny holes in the individual template you've selected. (The template can be slid along the seam line if your seam is longer than the template; or use only part of the template if the seam is shorter in length.)
4) Remove the template and the "dots" you just marked will be seen. For darker fabrics you will need to use a white chalk pencil (or mark the dots on the BACK/REVERSE side of your project if that can be seen better).
5) Stitch the embroidery as you normally would, using the "dots" as your guide for the needle-up/needle-down action for each specific seam.
The set includes these Embroidery stitches as base seams:
BLANKET Stitch ( 7 unique designs)
CRETAN Stitch (4 different seam designs)
FEATHER Stitch (5 individual designs)
HERRINGBONE (6 types of seam designs)
STRAIGHT Stitch (organized into 8 unique designs)
PLUS tiny motifs (hearts, fans, flowers), to use along with the seam designs listed above to accent them creating an endless amount of seam designs.
Look closely at the package photo for the types of seams these templates can result in.
Also, this specific set of templates will be featured in a new Crazy Quilt Seam book to be published by C&T this Fall/Winter (2018)...so watch for that as well.
More seam ideas can be found on my blog at shawkl.com and in the Facebook group: Modern Crazy Quilt Seams
Paypal is my preferred method for payment; but credit cards, money orders, checks, etc can be processed. Any method chosen other than paypal may require a delay in shipping however until the funds are received into my account.
Shipping from United States
I ship next day first class. For combined orders, priority shipping might be available. International shipping is the cheapest method unless you contact me separately for other available options. Routinely, I do not include insurance, confirmation, or tracking to keep the shipping cost low. However, I can do any/all of these extras if you want to front the funds for that service.
All cabochons are wrapped in bubble wrap with cardboard surrounds. If they are broken in transit I will refund their original cost less shipping or replace them at no cost provided you notify me within 30 days of shipment. To receive a refund a photo of the damaged item or return of the item is necessary.
Custom orders are considered. They will be produced based on our agreed upon delivery date. Please contact me for more information.